On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Richard Braakman wrote:
> I think you use the wrong example here.  That part of the GPL is
> widely ignored in favour of per-project changelogs.

Yes. A lot of people ignore (rightly or wrongly) 2c. Should Debian
ignore it? That's not for me to decide.

What concerned me was that code as copied from another project
(mpeg2dec) without carefully examining the license for that code, and
utilizing the code under that license.

> I don't think that this [patent question] is reasonable.

It was a concern of mine, but since it doesn't seem to be thought
reasonable by other members of -legal, I withdraw it. [Not that it was
ever more than a thought anyway.]

Don Armstrong

--
She was alot like starbucks.