On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, David Turner wrote:
> But Changelogs are what most GNU programs do, anyway.

Yeah, but most[1] GNU programs don't use code from other GNU projects for
which FSF doesn't own the copyright. So for them, the GPL doesn't
apply. [And this clause doesn't really apply to in-project
modification by the same author, although it might apply to in-project
modification by different authors.]

> It's fuzzy enough that I think Changelogs match what's required, but
> also fuzzy enough that I want to clarify it.

I'd agree that sufficiently detailed Changelogs fulfill the spirit of
the requirement, but I'm pretty sure that they don't fulfill the leter
of the requirement.

Don Armstrong

1: I'm actually not aware of a single example of an FSF copyrighted
GNU program that contains code for which the copyright hasn't been
signed over to FSF.
--
She was alot like starbucks.
IE, generic and expensive.