On 19/10/15 17:26, Ian Jackson wrote:
A copyright licence does not need to be in writing.  (In the UK, at
least[1], and I would be surprised it if were different elsewhere.)

Of course in practice it is a good idea to have a clear and explicit
statement, in writing, but that doesn't mean that a license can't be
implied (or oral, for that matter).

Let me surprise you then. At least in Russia and in the Ukraine a copyright license should be in writing (with certain exceptions, but there is no software licenses among them).

This is clearly stated in the Civil Code of the Russian Federation, article 1286, paragraph 2 [1] and in the Civil Code of the Ukraine, article 1107, paragraph 2 [2] respectively.

[1]: https://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_64629/5023e7ec1885fe99c14e29a9e328c664a001f599/
[2]: http://www.intellect.ua/patent/law/code/civilcode/75/1107