Nguyễn Hồng Quân wrote:
I'm using Debian 9 on an ARM board (BeagleBone), for our IoT project.
We write an application which needs Python 3.6. But we are struggling with
packaging Python 3.6 as deb packages for Debian 9. We found the dsc file
for Debian buster. But there is difference in dependency hierarchy between
Stretch and Buster, so the found script produces *.deb files which are not
installable (due to missing dependencies).

You didn't say what dependency problem you're seeing. Is it python3.6
depending on python3-distutils?

If it is, you might try building the 3.6.5-3 source package from sid
rather than the 3.6.5~rc1-1 package from buster, as that dependency has
been removed there.

That should give you a working Python 3.6, but without distutils which
has recently been moved to the python3-stdlib-extensions package. If you
need distutils you might try backporting that too.

-M-