Hi,

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <po...@debian.org> (2019-02-08):

> > I would prefer this option if possible: the GNOME desktop is clearly
> > not intended for use on mainframes, and I doubt anyone is seriously
> > trying to use it there (as opposed to individual GNOME apps in a
> > remote-desktop framework, which might be something that people do).
> > However, it requires action from the release team and d-i
> > maintainers.
>
> Cyril, can we do something to not offer task-gnome-desktop on s390x?
> Does that need changes in d-i or tasksel?

FWIW we already have this in place, regarding the default desktop:
  https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/tasksel/blob/master/default_desktop

I'm not sure how to hide a particular entry on a particular arch; I'm
not a tasksel expert and won't be one in the next 5 minutes. But it
seems to me the immediate concern was about the default desktop anyway,
which shouldn't be an issue in the first place because of this
default_desktop shell function?

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>