On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 at 16:29:31 +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote: > Can we postpone the decision until after the holidays? Then I have enough > time for trying to whip up a patch.
That seems fine, but please note that most of the changes necessary to remove gjs from s390x happened some time ago (in late September and early October); so if you are able to make mozjs60 work correctly on s390x, we will likely already need to revert some changes to bring it back. If the d-i maintainers remove gjs/GNOME Shell on s390x and then you subsequently get mozjs60 working on s390x, the list of changes to revert to bring back gjs/s390x just becomes slightly longer. I'm also not at all sure whether the GNOME Shell environment works on s390x hardware, which as far as I know doesn't have either a Mesa-supported GPU or the llvmpipe driver - if it never worked then we aren't actually losing anything. Presumably s390 porters would have a better idea of what works and what doesn't. smcv