> PS: Merry Christmas everyone! :)
And also to you.

Now,  as for the ppp problem:  which version of pppd are you using?  the
one from stable or unstable?

It seems that you're able to dial ok,  and you have a routine worked out
for starting up ppp on the remote machine,  so you ought to make this a
chat script so you don't have to try to do this by hand.  I have a feeling
that dialing up via minicom and then trying to start pppd manually may be
part of the problem -- you should be able to set up pppd to dial and log
into the remote host via chat.

Let me know if you need help with this part,  and let me know which pppd
you're using -- the setup is somewhat different.

                                                        Will

|             [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]           |
|                       http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/                   |
|The problem with computers:                                             |
|                      rivendell[501] [~]> love me                       |
|                      bash: love: command not found                     |
|                      rivendell[502] [~]> hug me                        |
|                      bash: hug: command not found                      |