Timothy Hospedales wrote:

>       Okay Thanks! I will try the script... one thing though, when I login to
> my
> ISP manually, I have to press <ENTER> afew times before the login prompt
> comes up, how do I tell a script to send <ENTER>?

you would include "\r" in the string you are sending. Just FYI, everything
works in pairs of

lookfor         send

so, if you are trying to watch for your login prompt, then send your userid
you'd have something like:

ogin            my_id

You can also have 'sub-pairs' of 'expect'/'send' like this for hitting
enter a few times:

ogin--ogin--ogin--ogin--ogin    my_id

The chat program will look for ogin, not seeing it send what is after the
- , which in this case is nothing, so will send a CR, then watch for
ogin , etc until it gets to the end of the string. If it sees ogin
anywhere in that sequence, it will drop out and send my_id. If you
find you really need to send the \r, you should make the sequence
look like this:

ogin-"\r"-ogin-"\r"-ogin-"\r"-ogin      my_id

Tim

PS: This is all bringing back horrible memories of HDB uucp

--
 (work) [EMAIL PROTECTED] / (home) [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
     "Have you ever seen an atom, Little bits of everything floating by,