Hi.

On Mon, 26 May 2014 08:02:21 -0700 (PDT)
"Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum" <bg271...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I end up having to power the computer down, which is extremely annoying.

Try 'unmount -l' for the offending filesystem. It is usually enough to
fool suspend scripts into 'no nfs mounted, really' state.

> What could be causing this? Ive googled this up and down but still dont know
> what to try.

What version of NFS are you using? Are you using 'hard' mount option
(hint: don't). Did you tried 'intr' mount option?

I've seen similar things for NFS4 with Kerberos authentication if
client desynchronise with a server (~10 minutes of clock difference).

Reco