On seg, 23 jul 2018, Doug wrote:
This may or may not be off topic,

I wouldn't call it completely off-topic, but it's definitely a thread hijacking. It would have been better to start a new thread.

My friend has just gotten a Korean car--it's either a Hundai or a Kia, I don't remember, but it has no CD player, but it does have a USB connection, which purports to be a sound input. So the question: I would make some copies of CDs onto a flash drive, if I knew how! I would prefer to use K3b to copy the CDs; do I have to format the flash drive, and if so with what system? (I thought that flash drives come formatted with a Windows file system?) And what other questions should I be asking, which I'm too uninformed to ask? And what are the answers? BTW: I have never, in 20 years or more, ever gotten Audacity to do
anything for me, so that is out!

Format the USB as FAT32 (other FAT variants should work), and add .mp3 files to it. Could not be simpler.

(Other filesystems might be supported, and other audio formats, but don't count on that.)

There are several CD rippers and mp3 encoders in Debian.

--
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
edua...@kalinowski.com.br