Thomas Schmitt wrote:

> I agree that it is not people-friendly to try preventing the use of a
> video after it was depublicated by state TV. The concept of Depublication
> is technically an unrealistic fiction and also a blow to the payers of
> state TV fees ("Rundfunkgebuehren").
>
> Given the german judicial principles, the owner (ZDF, as of Michael
> Lange's report here) is obliged to use all reasonable means to enforce its
> legally obliged decision to depublicate the video. So i assume they use
> their copyright claim towards Youtube and others as tool to show this
> reasonable effort.
>
> I see no indication that the content of the video was the reason for its
> depublication. Such content driven depublication happens from time to
> time, but not silently. Usually it rather enhances the public impact of
> the disliked message.

I understand the general part and partially agree - though it is disputable
if such lows ("Rundfunkgebuehren") are contemporary.
For this specific documentary I do not know, because there are many other
documentaries on YT that are still available.
It is very hard to not slip into conspiracy because even in the documentary
they say that the studies performed by the French Government, VW and Audi
showed that such vehicles become green after 200000km and that the media
refused to publish the studies, because it is damageing the image of EVs.

Anyway - I was trying to not download any video I like, but just to bookmark
the link to the video. This story here emerged from the sneaking
dictatorship of big corporations and governments and went off line.

There is definitely less freedom than in 2007. There is more spying,
censorship and aggression from left and right.

As for the HTML5 it is obviously hard to make a parser (there are roughly 2
engines that can handle HTML5 well) so there is also less freedom here.

Hence my conclusion that we enter middle/dark ages of modern world