On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 7:33 AM Tixy <t...@yxit.co.uk> wrote:
> I assume because Buster isn't in Long Term Support yet, it's still in
> normal support by the security team. From the schedule on the wiki,
> it's due to go into LTS this July.

Thanks Tixy,

I remembered that I made a copy of the original sources.list file on
the day of install.
Here it is, I wonder why the security line failed to verify (Line 11) ?
The entire sources.list appears below.

# Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
#deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main

It seems this line should be uncommented?

#deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main

=============LISTING START
$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list.orig
#

# deb cdrom:[Official Debian GNU/Linux Live 10.0.0 kde
2019-07-06T10:52]/ buster main

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster main
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster main

# Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
#deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main
# Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
#deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main

# buster-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
# Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
#deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster-updates main
# Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
#deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster-updates main

# This system was installed using small removable media
# (e.g. netinst, live or single CD). The matching "deb cdrom"
# entries were disabled at the end of the installation process.
# For information about how to configure apt package sources,
# see the sources.list(5) manual.
=============LISTING END

Keith