> The OP is tilting at windmills.
>
> The example I posted has been used every three hours of my waking day
> for the past 2½ years. It fails when my cable company fails.
>
> The OP has quoted some hearsay off the web, period. And not a single
> reference with it. The OP calls this "pre-startup research", and
> will "verify [ … ] your suggestions" when the Oracle has handed down
> "the correct sources.list".
>
> Until then, the Buster machine will stay de-activated, the OP remains
> safe, and we await the Oracle.
>
> (Those who know their Classical history will realise that advice
> pulled from the Internet can be as ambiguous as the Oracle always was.)
>
> Cheers,
> David.

David,

Windmills, LOL.  I've always liked that one.
I brought up the old Buster machine and it's working fine with one mod
to he original sources list, uncommenting this line:
           deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main
Since I didn't know that Buster was not yet in LTS, and that there are
no changes needed, I thought I should ask first in case there were
repo changes.
Thanks for your comments.

Keith