On Tue 22 Feb 2022 at 13:50:20 (+0000), Tixy wrote:
> On Tue, 2022-02-22 at 06:00 -0700, Keith Christian wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 7:33 AM Tixy <t...@yxit.co.uk> wrote:
> > > I assume because Buster isn't in Long Term Support yet, it's still in
> > > normal support by the security team. From the schedule on the wiki,
> > > it's due to go into LTS this July.
> >
> > I remembered that I made a copy of the original sources.list file on
> > the day of install.
> > Here it is, I wonder why the security line failed to verify (Line 11) ?
> > The entire sources.list appears below.
> >
> > # Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
> > #deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main
> >
> > It seems this line should be uncommented?
> >
> > #deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main
>
> I just tried that URL and did an 'apt update' and it seemed to work,
> there were no errors and seemed to be download a new package list.
> Interesting that the one I had doesn't have the 'debian-security' bit.
>
> Also, the online examples of sources.list for Buster have the URL
> 'http://deb.debian.org/debian-security', I beleive that uses the CDN.
>
> So, for me, all three of these seem work...
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ buster/updates main
> deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main
> deb http://deb.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main

The OP is tilting at windmills.

The example I posted has been used every three hours of my waking day
for the past 2½ years. It fails when my cable company fails.

The OP has quoted some hearsay off the web, period. And not a single
reference with it. The OP calls this "pre-startup research", and
will "verify [ … ] your suggestions" when the Oracle has handed down
"the correct sources.list".

Until then, the Buster machine will stay de-activated, the OP remains
safe, and we await the Oracle.

(Those who know their Classical history will realise that advice
pulled from the Internet can be as ambiguous as the Oracle always was.)

Cheers,
David.