On 6/20/23 12:15, Charles Curley wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 10:10:26 -0400
gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

I am not a gnome fan. Packagekit says all 157 synaptic dependencies
are present and accounted for, but it will not run here, bitching
about wayland and root.

So IMNSHO, there must be a dependency that isn't satisfied on an
xfce4 system. What am I missing?

Gene, this is a long shot. Do you have any KDE or qt components
installed?

in packagekit:
kde search = desktop-base, girl.2-webkit2, libblockdev2, libblockdev-crypto2, libblockdev-fs2, libblockdev-loop2, libblockdev-part2, libblockdec-oart-err2, libblockdev-swap2, libblockdev-utils2, libwebkit2gtk-4, networkmanager-gnome-1.2, ruby-debian-0.3, shared-mime-info-2, sound-theme-freedesktop, xfwm4-4, xiccd-0.3

qt search = dbus, libcwidget4, libdbus, printer-driver-cups-pdf

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis