I just found an mbox file in my home directory, containing about 90 days worth of undelivered msgs from smartctl running as root.

smartctl says my raid10 is dying, but will not access the drives for detail. The -d /dev/sde1 for instance generates a help msg saying it needs a devicename as final argument, being run as "sudo smartctl -i -d /dev/sde1". or as -i -d /dev/md0p1???
Typical: sudo smartctl -i -d /dev/md0p1:
gene@coyote:~$ sudo smartctl -i -d /dev/md0p1
smartctl 7.3 2022-02-28 r5338 [x86_64-linux-6.1.0-17-rt-amd64] (local build)
Copyright (C) 2002-22, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org

ERROR: smartctl requires a device name as the final command-line argument.

Use smartctl -h to get a usage summary

Instructions please...

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.