Gene,

On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 12:23:28PM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> Does making a raid erase the drives label field in a gpt partition scheme?
>
> That question ought to have a simple yes or no answer.

I'm forced to conclude that it's a waste of anyone's time to try to
help you since you don't listen to advice, won't even type commands
you are asked to, and don't provide relevant information. On top of
that between any two emails you embark on misguided epic
restructuring of your entire computing environment rendering
anything that was said in between utterly pointless.

At this point you are just howling into the wind and we're hearing
the noise from far away. Please get a blog or something, instead of
directing it here, where well-meaning people can mistake it for
something they could engage with.

I assume this thread can now close since you are never going to
provide the email from smartd that prompted it, for a system that no
longer exists. Otherwise it's destined to become another Gene
megathread with a shifting stream of consciousness topic of the
hour.

Andy