On Fri, 2024-02-23 at 11:07 +0100, Marco Moock wrote:

> Debian is mostly a collection of many packages that are packed in the
> repo.Such changes are normally done upstream.

I found e.g. this on upstream work on that topic:

https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/e515b840-c6f1-bc07-9369-c95e35257...@solarflare.com/T/

but I must confess I have not dug into upstream kernel sources to find
out if this has been accepted in the kernel, and if so from what
version.

> I don't think that spending time on that is a valuable thing, there
> are more important tasks like testing or adding functionality.

I really don't want to argue any political arguments on the merits of
removing master/slave, blacklist/whitelist, black hat/white hat here,
but I think "it is some effort" or "it concerns only few people" is not
the strongest argument. *If* one considers it the right thing to do,
then some minor effort in comparable with other minor changes is not
out of line.

/ralph