Hi,

On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 09:17:15AM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> On 2/24/24, Andy Smith <a...@strugglers.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Assuming we care about the most rapid healing possible for those who
> >> are actually triggered by certain words in one or another language,
> >> there is a valid position to consider that is to increase, not
> >> decrease, exposure to and therefore the broader usage of, triggering
> >> words.
> >>
> >> If we care about healing wounds, we ought not remove the catalysts to
> >> that healing.
> >
> > I did wonder how long it would take for someone to go from, "it's
> > terrible that you activists are MAKING someone do this POINTLESS
> > non-technical work!" to "no one should use this thing someone did in
> > their own free time because it's bad, actually, for non-technical
> > reasons!"
>
> Except "no one should use this thing someone did in their own free
> time because it's bad, actually, for non-technical reasons!" is not
> what I said.

Oh, okay. So what is it exactly about what the developers of the
teaming driver have done with regard to not using so-called
"non-inclusive terminology" that you consider to have been a
mistake?

I thought that was the exact topic of conversation here, and the
above was you saying that it shouldn't be removed but should in fact
be left there as some sort of "shock treatment" but apparently I
have misunderstood you.

Thanks,
Andy