Hi,

On Sat, Feb 24, 2024 at 10:03:16AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> As most of you know I'm a DM-II, but the recent shortage of trulicity, a
> weekly self administerd shot that helps regulate one's blood guclose levels
> has got us scrambling for alternatives.  So a month back I bought one of the
> so called smart watches that purports to monitor blood sugar.

I'm having some difficulty translating your words and acronyms but I
think I got the gist that you're type II diabetic and have bought a
watch for glucose monitoring?

I'm also a type II diabetic and am interested in glucose monitoring
but everything I have read about the watches says they are terribly
inaccurate for this. I can't even buy one here in UK because it
would be classed as a medical device, that cannot show it works for
its intended purpose; these things are therefore only available for
grey import.

So I wouldn't bother and I don't intend to help someone do such an
unwise thing even if I had the faintest idea how you would bypass
the phone pairing needs of some random IoT garbage.

As an aside, not even the 2 week sensors that impale your upper arm
and stay affixed are accurate for me, though I know they are for
most as they actually are approved. So it's daily finger prick for
me for the foreseeable.

Thanks,
Andy