>Ah. Well, there it is.
>My opinion still stands. If clients are on the blacklists, there is no
>point in receiving mail from them AT ALL.
>Screw em till they remove themselves... Just my opinion.

I am sorry you feel that way.

What about the new mail admin at a company taking over a g*d awfull mess
left by the last one and is trying to contact of mail admins to help clear
things up?

Or what about the mail admin that has to change to a new IP and finds that
IP address listed on many spam databases until he can work through them and
get it cleaned up?

What about the company that sets up a new web server, but the programmer has
an error in the code that ends up allowing some one to relay, or creates
messages in a way that they fail SPAMHEADERS, BADHEADERS, BASE64, REVDNS and
such?

What about the mail admin that made a mistake and set the relay settings
wrong allowing a spammer in? Or what about the user with a password so
simple whereby a spammer finds it and starts sending out large amounts of
spam via that user, causing the server to be blacklisted?

I was face with the first scenario about 15 months ago. Fortunately, I was
able to contact a "postmaster" at AOL who was very helpful and helped to
clean up the mess rather quickly. If he had your opinion, how much longer
would it have taken for me to figure out what was wrong and how to fix it?

We are talking about allowing mail to two accounts as required by RFC,
postmaster and abuse. That way, no matter what happens, at least there will
be a way to communicate.

You are taking an awfull hard stance on an issue that does not really need
it.

Reminds me of a infamaus quote, "Is this the hill you want to die on?"

John Tolmachoff MCSE, CSSA
IT Manager, Network Engineer
RelianceSoft, Inc.
Fullerton, CA  92835