]Something that we are also considering is a test that checks for more than
]X HTML comments in an E-mail (preferably just counting ones in the middle
]of words, such as "unsub<!-- user -->scribe", rather than "to <!--
]user -->
]unsubscribe", as the former prevents filtering whereas the latter
]does not).

Based on our research this should be a very good test.

In fact Message Sniffer rule #18545 is the 11th strongest rule in the
system! (That's just one slot out of the top 10).

Testing for html comments with non whitespace on each side is key. Testing
the number of html comments in general DOES NOT work. Much html email is
generated automatically these days with many comments emitted for debugging
purposes etc.

_M