I have been experiencing high CPU loads lately as well, I reverted back to
the release 1.65 but it is still doing it. I do not believe it is a declude
issue.

I dont know if this is related, maybe someone can explain
here is what I am seeing when i do a netstat at the command prompt

62.145.51.3:59511      TIME_WAIT
62.175.27.221:1327     TIME_WAIT
62.175.27.221:1363     TIME_WAIT
62.175.27.221:1386     TIME_WAIT
62.175.27.221:1387     TIME_WAIT

210.22.204.55:25452    TIME_WAIT
210.22.204.55:37665    TIME_WAIT
210.83.133.50:3969     TIME_WAIT
210.103.68.2:1219      TIME_WAIT
210.103.68.2:4735      TIME_WAIT
210.117.98.25:2135     TIME_WAIT

This is always going on during the CPU spikes
They always step sequentially through the class A range
These IP addresses are all sending spam

Is this some new kind of spam method?

I am seeing SPAM from ALOT of different IP address but each address is
sending reletively small amounts of spam.

As an experiment I blocked several class A's from apnic at the router level
and my CPU troubles diminished as I blocked networks exibiting the above
behavior.

Rick Davidson
Buckeye Internet Inc
www.buckeyeweb.com