David Sullivan wrote:

M> One other longshot that would be interesting would be to change
M> thedefault host in IMail to match the other box and use the keys on
M> theproperly functioning server just to see if there is any
M> difference.
Good idea, we'll give this a shot.

What about the 25% utilization under NO load. We see this on all boxes
now with Declude 3.5.23. Are you seeing this behavior as well?

I don't run 3.x yet. This is primarily because of some of the unexplained issues that keep popping up. If the issues were explained, I would be more willing to jump. Since I'm on IMail 8.15 which is compatible with 2.x, I have no real reason to move since there is little in 3.x that isn't in 2.0.6 except for the major rework of turning Declude into a service.

The 25% and 50% utilization is highly suggestive of a process that is stuck/crashed. You have four hyperthreaded processors so having a process reach 100% on one virtual processor will result in 25% overall utilization, all other things being at zero of course. Then the spike to 50% suggests that the condition repeats when an E-mail comes through, and that process goes to 100% on it's own virtual processor. It seems pretty clear that it's complaining about something, and acting wrong as a result.

Some of Andrew's suggestions would also be wise, but I think he missed the fact that this server was doing next to nothing in the first place, and seems to be in a bad enough state that it can't be run as a processing server.

I would also try DNSOVERRIDE as mentioned in Markus' thread. I believe this relates back to the licensing.

If none of that works, I would try Declude 2.0.6.16 just to make sure that there isn't something wrong with the hardware, OS or other software. Note that you should try 1.82 though if you are running IMail 8.2+.

[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude EVA www.declude.com]