My conclusion for this day:

At the mid of december I decided to switch to declude v3.
After several tests we discovered that a simply comment after the license code like

    CODE  abcdefg  #mail.domain.com

wouldn't work anymore with v3. This would result in a "invalid license code" message in the logfile.
But this will happen only in declude.junkmail. The virus config file does still allow a comment after the license code. So it was a little bit difficult to discover.
So finaly at the end of december I switched from v1.8x to v3 and have seen a noticeable reduction of cpu-usage

My problem today:
As the installation process has placed the declude.cfg and other default cfg files to c:\program files\declude I was never sure what's the right declude.cfg file.
Now after this day I can't say for sure what it was but the file I've created manualy in the imail/declude folder two weeks ago must had something wrong because it obviously hadn't affected in any way how decludeproc has worked. Now after I've created a new declude.cfg changes in the file have noticeable effects in how the service is working after restarting it.

CPU usage:
I've never seen a constant cpu-usage like them in David's screen shot. With the default value of threads and the load on my server the cause of abnormal low CPU usage on my server was simply because the thread limit in combination with the time necessary for scanning messages (primary DNS-lookups) prevented processing of all waiting queue files even if there was enough CPU-ressources. This was also the cause I've had seen an increased cpu usage after disabling al DNS-based tests. Each thread finished faster instead of waiting.

A value of 200 for THREADS was to high. Beside 100% CPU usage (finaly! :-) RAM usage has increased from around 0,5 to over 1,3 Gigs and even file access was significantly slower. So I reduced THREADS back to 75 and now it's processing messages very fast even if I enable all ressource intensive tests.

Hopefully my "denglish" above is understandable.
Normaly I should stay in bed today as I'm more ill then healthy.

The mail queues are emtpy so: good night!
Markus