Bonno Bloksma wrote:
Hi,
With the amount of spam I have to throw away each day no reaching consistant levels of over 90%... I can of course get an even faster mailserver but I think I would be better of with an extra smtp server in front of my mailserver which filters the most blatant spam mail purly based on session info. What passes that server can go on to my IMail server and have more contect based filtering using Declude, Sniffer, InvURIBL etc. What would be a good first step server? I have experience with (Debian) Linux so a Linux based solution is no problem.
A couple of things pop into my mind:

eWall can live on your mail server and kill off most connections while being trained by SNF. (for example, block IP connections for an hour after an SNF hit).

Postfix on a linux box makes a good front-end and can also run SNFMilter in real-time during SMTP.

_M