> >Although it could very easily be argued that the "per mailbox" licensing
> >scheme, if McAfee's license indeed requires it, would apply to *all*
> >mailboxes on the Internet, requiring an unlimited number of licenses. :)
>
>OK, OK, I should have clarified
>
>Per Mailbox being provided direct benefit.
>
>So, even though you scan an outgoing e-mail, the direct benefactor is
>the sender and the indirect benefactor is the receiver. (Although, yes,
>an argument could be made to the contrary, but the point has be stated.)

But suppose you are running Declude Virus with McAfee, and I have no AV
protection.  I get a virus.  Within minutes of it spreading, I get an
E-mail from your server saying that I have a virus.  I immediately shut
down my computer and fix the problem.

In this case, I receive benefit from it -- although I may never have even
sent you an E-mail in the past.

Let's see McAfee explain how your users benefit, but I don't.  :)

I wonder if McAfee has an unlimited licensing option?  If not, the "direct
benefit" argument would most likely be void.

Another note is that in the case of businesses (rather than ISPs), the
primary benefit is to the company, not the individual users.