A) major technical/setup changes to the availability/installability are made
without proper warning (even in a public beta)!

Actually, the IMail version should work exactly as before, without any availability/installability issues. The software should run fine with the existing activation codes.

The SmarterMail version does require the new activation system, but as a new product, that's just how it works.

B) users have to accidentally "trip" over these issues before you "fess up"
(I don't care for this underhanded approach - I'm sure you have some
non-compliant users, but that's no reason to treat your paying customers
like criminals!)

I personally prefer the old system.

C) after disclosure is requested, it's been two days without you offering
more than overly generic answers.

Unfortunately, I am not able to provide more detailed answers. If Barry feels it is appropriate, he may shed some more light on the situation.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.

---- This outgoing message is guaranteed to be authentic by Message Level users. Guarantee the authenticity of your email @ http://www.messagelevel.com. --- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]