Ø  Kylux and .NET disasters which were admittedly with Borland rather than
Embarcadero.

The management has changed.  The technical team largely has not.  This might
explain why they are pursuing the same old lost causes... the new management
think the failures of the past were ones of management/marketing rather than
technical.

It’s a common failing of management to think that “it’s just software –
anything is possible if we just twiddle the right bits, and a techie
pointing out the difficulties or flaws in the thinking is just a negative
ninnie”.

Ø  From what Malcolm says though I’m in the minority. I’m surprised but it
wouldn’t be the first time ;-).

I would love to know where Malcom gets his numbers because the empirical
evidence seems to contradict his figures starkly.  For instance, among
visitors to my blog, did all those people who thought that cross-platform is
a better idea than 64-bit simply choose not to comment and point out the
error in my thinking?

Currently the comments are running about 12/13:1 in the exact *opposite*
bias to that which Malcolm’s comments would have suggested I could expect.