2009/10/14 Jolyon Smith <jsm...@deltics.co.nz>

>   Ø  Its a less certain thing as its still the future, but its my guess
> likely in 5 years netbooks/laptops and mobile and phone OS will largely kill
> desktop PCs and in time likely Windows too, as there is not much sign they
> will be the leading candidate for mobile devices in 5 years.  Hence the more
> cross platform and new UI (read touchscreen) enabled a language is the
> better positioned it will be.
>

> I am confident that touchscreen is a fad as far as desktop PCs or even
> notebooks are concerned.  Why am I so confident?
>

> Because it’s simply *not new* - if it were going to go “mainstream” it
> could have and would have done so *years* ago.

Seen this? http://www.10gui.com/

If this were here today, I would have it right now. It does re-iterate your
point, they think multi-touch/touch on the screen will fail in general use.

---
Richard Vowles, Technical Advisor
Developers Inc Ltd
web. http://www.developers-inc.co.nz
ph. +64-9-3600231, mob. +64-275-467747, fax. +64-9-3600384
skype. rvowles, LinkedIn, Twitter