From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ross Levis
Sent: 26 July 2007 04:58
To: 'Borland's Delphi Discussion List'
Subject: RE: VISTA: Delphi 5 works. HKLM information. Problems creating
Startmenu icons.

Note that programs writing to HKLM under a Standard User will not fail
under
Vista as it would under XP.  Instead, it writes to a virtual registry in
the
users folder and not to the actual registry.  I believe this is
basically
wiped out after a reboot.

Inno Setup can create the icons for you in the Start Menu folder using
the
[Icons] section.  Your program doesn't need to do this.

Ross.