Hi,

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 09:16:34PM -0300, Daniel A. Rodriguez wrote:
> So, if the problems are well known and no platform cover all the
> project needs, what about a tender to get something from scratch?

That would broaden the scope of this in major way and increase the change of
failure: If only tenders were always "I write down what I want, pay and get
what I imagined.": But they arent and unfortunately for complex topics like
this one, verifying a tender result is almost as much work as the
implementation itself[1].

Also there is a cost in maintanance that we have to pay (or have to ensure
volunteer to be available for) for each and every CMS we host. That cost is
higher the more different CMS we have and the more customized our workflows on
them are.

We currently have:
- Silverstripe for static content
- Wordpress for news
- MediaWiki for project development resources (development on LibreOffice
itself)
- Askbot (content on top of LibreOffice)
- Plone

Best,

Bjoern

[1] Also, as migration paths are hard, there is a certain risk this will end as
    https://xkcd.com/927/