On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Rodrigo Moya <rodr...@gnome-db.org> wrote:

> then, why not do the proposals for new designs here in d-d-l? That way
> you might get initial feedback before starting on the design, and people
> that feel ignored get info on what's going on. Then, you can just keep
> working as you do right now, but an initial proposal on this list, as we
> do for features, might be a good idea to get everyone interested
> involved

My fear here is that there would be a high signal to noise ratio.  If you
saw how much traffic we had in gnome-shell on the 3.0 designs, it was quite
painful.  That's why I had proposed that we have a list where only
gnome-foundation members could post.  While anybody can see the designs
itself.

We finally got DDL down to a relatively high signal to noise ratio.   Of
course some of that is because a large number of developers no longer
subscribe to DDL.  In any case, I don't know if designers will get the
feedback they are looking for.

BTW I hope we look at how we do mail next!

sri