Can you (re)install the libreoffice deb packages and test whether they
are also affected by this font issue, or if it's snap-specific?

Can you share the relevant entries from /var/log/apt/history.log (this
can contain sensitive information, so you might want to edit and remove
extra entries not related to the community theme PPA installs/purges you

Have you checked that the fonts you used to create the document are
still installed and available on the system (i.e. that they were not
accidentally uninstalled when purging the PPA)?

** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

  [snap] Fonts seem 'thinner' than they should be

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  After using `sudo add-apt-repository ppa:communitheme/ppa` and adding
  the packages there, and then installing `ppa-purge`, removing the
  packages, and using `ppa-purge` on the PPA, my fonts in the
  LibreOffice snap seemed to break. I've given an example of 'a quick
  brown fox jumps over the lazy dog' and a screenshot of a Writer
  document and its PDF export in Document Viewer side by side.

  $ snap info libreoffice
  tracking:    candidate
  installed: (47) 408MB -
  $ snap version
  snap    2.31
  snapd   2.31
  series  16
  ubuntu  17.10
  kernel  4.13.0-32-generic
  $ snap info core
  tracking:    candidate
  installed:   16-2.31 (4017) 85MB core

  Also applies to libreoffice (46, stable) on core (47,
  candidate) and core 16-2.30 (3887, stable).