Restarted and it's broken again, hmm.

This is my install and removal of the libreoffice Deb...but that doesn't
seem to be what fixed it since installing it the second time didn't
help.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/=xWN9xpvjRW/

  [snap] Fonts seem 'thinner' than they should be

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  After using `sudo add-apt-repository ppa:communitheme/ppa` and adding
  the packages there, and then installing `ppa-purge`, removing the
  packages, and using `ppa-purge` on the PPA, my fonts in the
  LibreOffice snap seemed to break. I've given an example of 'a quick
  brown fox jumps over the lazy dog' and a screenshot of a Writer
  document and its PDF export in Document Viewer side by side.

  ```
  $ snap info libreoffice
  tracking:    candidate
  installed:   6.0.0.3 (47) 408MB -
  $ snap version
  snap    2.31
  snapd   2.31
  series  16
  ubuntu  17.10
  kernel  4.13.0-32-generic
  $ snap info core
  tracking:    candidate
  installed:   16-2.31 (4017) 85MB core
  ```

  Also applies to libreoffice 5.4.4.2 (46, stable) on core  16-2.31
  (4017, candidate) and core 16-2.30 (3887, stable).