On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc> wrote:
> Say that HTC wants to
> market their phones towards soccer enthusiasts. They could do this by
> paying the local soccer league access to a set of games which will be
> streamed from HTCs website.
> I can't say that I hold this business model particularly high in
> regard. But I also don't feel that it's terrible enough that I can say
> that it's a business model I obviously feel ok with disabling.

FWIW, when preferential content access is tied to ISP instead of
hardware brand, Mozilla has gone as far as sending letters to D.C.
against such tying. (Yes, preferred access by HW vendor isn't the same
as by ISP, but I think it's in the ballpark or at least near the
ballpark as far as the Mission goes.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivo...@iki.fi