On 2015-10-15 8:37 PM, Bobby Holley wrote:
On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 5:26 PM, Mike Hommey <m...@glandium.org
<mailto:m...@glandium.org>> wrote:

    On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 05:21:44PM -0700, Bobby Holley wrote:
    > Will building in an arbitrary source directory continue to link libxul? It
    > was really great when we stopped needing to build in toolkit/library all
    > the time.

    The point is, that doesn't reliably happen currently. You should
    just use mach
    build binaries, which will, reliably, and even better, only if needed.

|mach build binaries| is much slower for me than the present behavior,
because I often hack on header files that are included all over the
tree, but whose #include-ers generally don't need to be rebuilt all of
the time.

I have the exact same use case as Bobby and as such object to removing this feature. Especially since it is unclear what we gain from removing it.