+1

For my use case breaking dumbmake is preferable given that we now have
'build binaries'. When touching commonly included header I often like to
run ./mach build gfx && ./mach build binaries. This effectively let's me
say 'Make sure my gfx changes are good before you recompile the rest of
gecko' giving me control over the recompile order. This will notify me
quickly if there's a compile error without having to rebuild everything
that include the header that I changed giving me compile errors much
faster. With the current behavior './mach build gfx' will try to link when
I haven't yet recompiled all the files that I need.