If you have level 3 source code access (can push to central, inbound,
fx-team) and have pushed to MozReview via SSH, as of a few weeks ago you
can now land commits from the "Automation" drop down menu on MozReview.
(Before only the review request author could trigger autoland.)

This means that anyone [with permissions] can land commits with a few mouse
clicks! It will even rewrite commit messages with "r=" annotations with the
review state in MozReview. So if someone does a drive-by review, you don't
have to update the commit message to reflect that reviewer. Neato!

I've gotten into the habit of just landing things if I r+ them and I think
they are ready to land. This has startled a few people because it is a
major role reversal of how we've done things for years. (Typically we
require the patch submitter to do the landing.) But I think
reviewer-initiated landing is a better approach: code review is a gate
keeping function so code reviewers should control what goes through the
gate (as opposed to patch authors [with push access] letting themselves
through or sheriffs providing a support role for people without push
access). If nothing else, having the reviewer land things saves time: the
ready-to-land commit isn't exposed to bit rot and automation results are
available sooner.

One downside to autoland is that the rebase will happen remotely and your
local commits may linger forever. But both Mercurial and Git are smart
enough to delete the commits when they turn into no-ops on rebase. We also
have bug 1237778 open for autoland to produce obsolscence markers so
Mercurial will hide the original changesets when you pull down the rebased
versions. There is also potential for some Mercurial or Git command magic
to reconcile the state of MozReview with your local repo and delete local
commits that have been landed. This is a bit annoying. But after having it
happen to me a few times, I think this is a minor annoyance compared to the
overhead of pulling, rebasing, rewriting commit messages, and pushing
locally, possibly hours or days after review was granted.

I encourage my fellow reviewers to join me and "just autoland it" when
granting review on MozReview.

gps