On 10/22/16 9:38 AM, Richard Barnes wrote:
I'm not picky about how exactly we turn this off, as long as the
functionality goes away.  Chrome and Safari both immediately call the error
handler with the same error as if the user had denied permission.  We could
do that too, it would just be a little more code.

Uh...  What does the spec say to do?

Your intent, and the whole "sites that would break are already broken" thing sounded like we were going to match Chrome and Safari behavior; if that was not the plan you really needed to explicitly say so!

We certainly should not be shipping anything that will change behavior here to something _different_ from what Chrome and Safari are shipping, assuming they are shipping compatible things. Again, what does the spec say to do?

-Boris