Also sprach Gregory Szorc:

> On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 3:45 PM, Dave Townsend <dtowns...@mozilla.com>
> wrote:
>
>> This doesn't seem to answer the question. I frequently do patches
>> where I can't reliably guess the extent of test breakage and want
>> to run a full set to be on the safe side. What try configuration
>> gives us tier 1 results only?
>
> I agree that the default behavior of `-p all -u all -t all` is
> running too much and confusing people. I filed bug 1471404 to change
> the behavior.
>
> Will that be sufficient to fix the issue?
>
> FWIW there were also some discussions at the all hands about in-tree
> profiles for `mach try` to make it easier for people to perform
> common test scenarios. Would this be a better solution?

For as long as we can’t reliably track which changed files impact
what tests, pre-programmed test scenarios seem like a good idea.

I’ve often found myself sharing my try syntax strings with new
contributors.  I have these exposed as environment variables for
easy access, e.g. "./mach try $trymn”.

If I instead could tell them to run a given test scenario which
included a recipe of most likely offenders that would be a big
improvement compared to try-fuzzy or copying—what to a new contributor
might seem like black magic—a string.