Hi all,

This morning Symantec disclosed ~20 new intermediate certs. I went through
these and identified 7 of them which are a) not revoked, b) not expired, c)
lack a BR audit:

https://crt.sh/?q=54EFD2977D89EDE24DDC3797CEB5A80668B3905788B58FB1AC6893EF4B78A24A
https://crt.sh/?q=D7D90D0FCFB5CDEC5754D663EEB3915D53703E1A29FAEEB398DCE0E22B5D4F9A
https://crt.sh/?q=58FED89E47BC48DDC659419BB64BD0862A448FCB25842F8A3FA3671FF6468F42
https://crt.sh/?q=9127783BF5190D85BC5248364145AA683EC49CD63F344721B3914E2CAF61D7A0
https://crt.sh/?q=CC6D4E8FD20599A8CC23E739774EAFB70D03B24A824C0E05D94666F5E29FC5CA
https://crt.sh/?q=DEEE5527B753A18D02BA2DAD6DFFB674CED0AF657BC0F430D4B32D97580F4D0E
https://crt.sh/?q=BC983BE6435622EF64C8EFD23084D6F8E5DCFBE9D7BCFCE6A5E51C75A29D549A

I believe this further underscores finding Y, and others related to lack of
visibility into and BR-compliance of Symantec's intermediates.

The fact that we can still be finding new intermediates leaves me to wonder
if this is really the last of them, or there are still more. Personally, I
think this highlights the value of my earlier proposal, and I think it's
worth considering if, before any long term remediation strategies are
considered, such a rule requiring full disclosure and CT submission of all
Symantec CA certificates be implemented.

Cheers,
Alex

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy <