I'm posting this on behalf of Symantec:

We would like to update the community about our ongoing dialogue with Google.

Following our May 4th post, senior executives at Google and Symantec
established a new dialogue with the intention to arrive at a new proposal for
the community that addresses the substantial customer impact that would result
from prior proposals. We urge Symantec customers and the browser community to
pause on decisions related to this matter until final proposals are posted and
accepted. The intent of both Google and Symantec is to arrive at a proposal
that improves security while minimizing business disruption across the
community.

We want to reassure the community that we are taking these matters and the
impact on the community very seriously.