Totally agree Alex. The tiers I'm proposing are 1) subscriber requests
revocation, cert was issued to the wrong entity, or the key was compromised and
2) everything else

On Aug 9, 2017, at 8:22 AM, Alex Gaynor
<agay...@mozilla.com<mailto:agay...@mozilla.com>> wrote:

I'm not really sure I agree that there should be multiple tiers of revocation,
but just to go along with the thought experiment..

If there were, "key compromise" is definitely not the only case I'd want on the
more aggressive schedule, I'd also want to include cases where there was a
failure in DV and the rightful owner of a domain wanted the cert revoked.

Alex

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Jeremy Rowley via dev-security-policy
<dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org<mailto:dev-security-policy@lists.mozilla.org>>
 wrote:
All CAS are required to maintain the capability to process and receive
revocation requests 24x7 under the baseline requirements. The headache is not
with the CA. Rather, it's notifying the customer that their certificate will be
revoked before the start of the next business day. Having a one to two business
day rule  instead of 24 hours for non compromise issues gives the end entity
time to receive the notification and replace their certificate with a compliant
version.