Github user ctubbsii commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/accumulo/pull/291

    @billoley I had forgotten that we already define `accumulo.application`
system property (optional) in master for the AccumuloMonitorAppender. I suppose
it's not so bad if we consistently use that property to identify the service,
as long as the behavior is reasonable if the property is not set (for example,
a random number generated at server start).

---
with INFRA.
---