The goal of my initial email was enable to GH issues and let the project
organically decide to use it or not. If it became heavily used, we could
turn off Jira and move over open issues. If problems arose with GH issues,
we could move open GH issues back to Jira and disable it. If people don't
want two issue trackers, we could hold a vote and pick one but I am a fan
of letting the active contributors decide this over time by their choice of
tool on a daily basis.