Hi Gurer,
I can see it as more efficient since you folks are hosting an onsite event
that includes lunch. If folks are expected to make a physical appearance,
then it makes sense to make the event longer to offset commute costs (in
terms of time).  As mentioned above, I think that might be a little
heavy-weight for a roadmap sync up -- I feel regular 1 hour sync-ups every
2 weeks are a better use of everyone's time and can do for more keeping
folks engaged.

Also, I hope you are not considering this as a recruiting event -- that
won't be kosher.

A better means to meet/greet and recruit are actually at our community
meet-ups, of which we have one scheduled for tomorrow :
http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Apache-Airflow-Incubating-Meetup/

-s