Hello,

On 5/13/2020 1:41 AM, Mladen Turk wrote:
Hi,

Related mostly to Windows port

1. Remove all those .dsp, .dsw .mak files from APR trunk
    None of them works for years.
    Replace all that with cmake
2. Remove all _WIN32_WCE, APR_NOT_IN_WCE
    Just a bunch of code for Windows CE that
    never worked, and no chance it will compile with
    current Windows code
3. Drop all that APR_HAS_ANSI_FS and APR_HAS_UNICODE_FS
    Code in trunk need at least _WIN32_WINNT=0x0601 API
4. Drop all references to apr-iconv project
    Unusable for years

I'm -1 to #1, +1 to #2, unsure about #3 and no opinion on #4.

#1, I think this may be your opinion but not so much mine. No, .mak/defs are not in trunk but they never have been and they have been added at fork to currently all the 1.0 series. And unless I'm mistaken, 1.7 was not that long ago.

#2 seems ok since I know of nothing these days that is still based around WinCE. I used to use a data collector (Topcon) that ran on Wince but I have not in a decade now.

#3, unsure because I do not know enough about it.

General

1. Remove all APU_XXX references
    Since the apr-util is apr
    remove all APU_XXX defines and API
2. Netware and OS/2
    Both platforms are dead for years
    IMHO bunch of relic code no one use
3. https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/apr/apr/trunk/include/apu.h?view=markup
    More then 10 years ago ...

I'm willing to solve all that since it's mainly
cleanup of the copy/paste code that is dragging on for 10+ years

It might even lead to apr-2.0.0-alpha1 :D

Regards

Cheers