Those machines are managed by apache-infra, that we are not able to
install/update tools on them. We plan to have a new instance group for beam
Jenkins since we are required to update OS to the latest Ubuntu. With
fresh, supportive dependencies installed on new machines could also get rid
of restrictions on python tests. But for now, I can hardly tell when we
could have new Jenkins VMs since the latest OS image is not available yet.

Yifan Zou