Hi Brandon,
                  In all respect, we need to discuss and vote before we
create a new branch. So it is best if we do that instead of creating
branches. Freeze is a symptom not a cause so if we dont like the symptom,
we should see how to fix the cause. Are we fine having a database release
which will be released with 10s of  correctness bugs and with an implicit
assumption that no one will use it in prod till 10th minor.

Everyone wants to innovate but security, durability and availability comes
first.  People who are working on stabilizing 4.0 are doing it as there is
no other choice. So I request you to kindly cooperate on working with them
in making 4.0 a stable release.

https://tinyurl.com/30seriousissues

Thanks,
Sankalp